Planetside 2Hydra - The Elephant in the room

Live Free in the NC !
powerpuffters
Over Opinionated
Over Opinionated
Planetside 2 Character Name: Powerpuffters

Hydra - The Elephant in the room

Postby powerpuffters » December 10th, 2015, 7:09 pm

Okay, I would have thought a post would have gone up by now in regards to a large portion of the Jesters moving over to a new outfit called Hydra in Planetside 2. I'll try to keep this short and sweet. In essence the MAJORITY of the senior Jest leadership and active Jesters in Planetside 2 have now moved to this outfit and are no longer with the Jesters IN Planetside 2. A large portion of these players still regularly play with Jesters in games other than Planetside 2 or are regularly in our teamspeak saying hello. \n\nI'm sure Hydra members will be able to explain more clearly why this has happened and to be completely honest, i'm surprised this hasn't happened a lot sooner. In essence, the remaining active outfits in Planetside 2 have had to merge together in order for the NC on the Cobalt server to remain effective (as well as to remain useful on the competitive scene. This merge included a large portion of active members of KAIN, JEST, VIPERS and MACS. There are four core leaders of Hydra: Xaniy, MartyJC, Halospud, and Bocian. Personally, I maintain a great relationships with all of these members, particularly our own Xani, who has been a senior member of the Jester community for a long time.\nMy advice to all remaining active Jesters in Planetside 2 is to try and jump ship to Hydra or another active outfit in Planetside 2. \n\nOur community isn’t going anywhere, and the Jesters Community will be around for as long as I can lead it, however I feel there are certain hardcore Jesters sticking around in the outfit because of loyalty or fear that I am against the whole Hydra thing. This could not be further from the truth. I want Hydra to succeed. I want the NC to remain competitive, but with rumours coming up of a final server merge with Miller I’m of the mind that Planetside 2 is dying a very slow death that will probably take another 3-4 years before SOE- or whatever they are called now turn off the servers, due to their own financial issues\n\nIn essence I’m considering shutting the Jesters outfit down in Planetside with a closing ceremony. Im not doing any favors to our few active members we have left by keeping it open-but I’m unsure of this decision due to the recent donations towards the community. As I said- the Jesters Community, Forums and Teamspeak will not be going anywhere- but the time has come to acknowledge the elephant in the room- which is a dead outfit in Planetside 2. (Also to calm anyone’s fears, Hydra and its website and forums also share the same server as Jesters- which is owned by Lucky.\n\nI just wanted to get people’s opinions- I would love to see the Jesters outfit go out with one final goodbye/ ceremony/ funeral than to taper off like most outfits into nothing. I’m also considering removing the majority of our leaders from their roles and just looking after the community myself for the next few years- or at least until we recruit more members in games that we now enjoy. We started off in Planetside 2- I feel it’s now time to say goodbye. Either way Jesters, let me know your feelings\n\n
Battlenet: powerpuffter#21980\nSteam: powerpuffters\nOrigin: JEST-Powerpufter
soddit112
Too much to say
Too much to say
Planetside 2 Character Name: soddit112

Re: Hydra - The Elephant in the room

Postby soddit112 » December 10th, 2015, 7:51 pm

To further allay any fears anybody may have: nobody has left the Jesters as a wider community. The creation of The Hydras is a response to the slowing down of Planetside 2 as a game which has left a lot of experienced outfits lacking in members and leadership. The "merger" (it isn't technically a merge since not everybody has jumped ship and those who have needed to pass a basic aptitude test - more on this later) was purely created to allow remaining members across these outfits to more easily find active squads and play together, as well as giving better opportunities for these players to participate in competitive events (eg: Lanesmash) which sometimes have a limit on the number of outfits from which a team may be composed. To this end, The Hydras have implemented a closed recruitment policy the details of which can be found , along with further details about the outfit. Any Jesters past or present are welcome to apply, though admittance is not guaranteed. We recommend that applicants with thin skin or easily offended morals invest in , in case a declined application makes you salty enough to cry and **** incessantly on Reddit.
\n\n"A bit on the slow side aren't they? After all, a zerg is just a zerg. In theory threatening, certainly tenacious, but honestly they're quite a distance from indestructible or invincible" -Walter NC. Dornez
hempnight79
Too much to say
Too much to say
Planetside 2 Character Name: hempnight79

Postby hempnight79 » December 10th, 2015, 8:13 pm

I would say leave Jesters open.\n\nWhile yes it may be dead in there, those that wish to move to Hydra have the opportunity, although not guaranteed.\n\nOn the rare occasions that I do play Planetside I couldn't be **** with any "hey join my outfit" or notices that I had an outfit notification. Mind you if the game is dieing I cant see that being anywhere near as annoying as it was. There is no real harm to have it there really. Besides its only the **** that left anyways, all the cool cats are still where they belong :P\n\nMind you I say all this and I bet I dont log on for another year.
EthnicBadger
Too much to say
Too much to say

Postby EthnicBadger » December 10th, 2015, 10:23 pm

I'd say leave it open, if nothing else it should be there for those in the community that want it. \n\nPersonally I'd like to see a resurgent JEST, a JEST that goes back to it's roots and pulls squads of pubbies together and gives them leadership and direction - it's what we did in the beginning and we wouldn't be the community we are without that. Problem is that that requires fresh, enthusiastic leadership (yes, I was once enthused and vigorous in my leading - back in the day) and the PS2 leadership as was in the past year or so have just not had that desire to lead. I'm the first to admit that had it not been for the 'competitive' scene of LaneSmash and ServerSmash etc I would have stopped playing months ago.\n\nOutwith the PS2 outfit, all the Jesters are still here, still playing together and are still actively involved in the community. Overall we're hoping that this will be a good thing as it helps us bridge the gap between PS2 and that space simulation thingy that I keep seeing artists impressions of - with the potential of us bringing further PVP players into the evil grasp of Emperor Pufftertine.
redlines
Over Opinionated
Over Opinionated

Postby redlines » December 10th, 2015, 11:08 pm

i also say leave it just open its rather good grave yard for olde inactive jesters and ture on what badgers said no that space sim thingy call star citzien lol it could help us fill the gaps on recruitment and make JEST really big in it if any hydra members are looking for an org in it
\nRedlines Own Fleet: 1xConnie-Am, 3x Aruoras LN, 1x Gladis, 1x G-starfarer, 1x Banu M, 1x Anveger, 1x origin 325,
reaper1539
Too much to say
Too much to say
Planetside 2 Character Name: reaper1539

Postby reaper1539 » December 11th, 2015, 9:54 am

Leave open, we came back from the near dead once, I'm sure we can do it again, plus I'm quite fond of my JEST tag in game \n\nSent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
\n**** Grindage
Cholerix
Social
Social
Planetside 2 Character Name: Cholerix

Postby Cholerix » December 11th, 2015, 10:07 am

Just for the tag the outfit needs to stay in some way as I wouldn't want some troll on TR or VS running around with a JEST tag. Since that would require at least one person to stay in the outfit, I see no point in closing it down to everyone else. It's an almost dead outfit and people know that. As long as we can maintain control over it (someone who can be contacted and manage the outfit if necessary) keep it open.
HellRoken
Unsocial
Unsocial
Planetside 2 Character Name: TheDarkRAM

Postby HellRoken » December 11th, 2015, 1:07 pm

I say keep it. Like Reaper says, it's still good to fly the [JEST] tag.\nAlso some of us are not quite up to the requirements for HYDRA just yet so could leave us homeless or forced to join MB1 *sobs
Planetside 2 : TheDarkRAM\n........There is no spoon.
EthnicBadger
Too much to say
Too much to say

Postby EthnicBadger » December 11th, 2015, 7:22 pm

Just to clarify the points on Hydra requirements; there is no requirement for Jesters other than a commitment to play as part of the active squads and to be reasonably active.\n\nDon't believe the crap you read on reddit. If you want to move over and are happy to play as part of the unit then contact Xaniy, Halospud, Maddogging or Bocian for an invite and tell them you're a Jester.\n\nSent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
HellRoken
Unsocial
Unsocial
Planetside 2 Character Name: TheDarkRAM

Postby HellRoken » December 11th, 2015, 7:29 pm

Okay, cheers Badger. I thought it was an elite squad setup, I've been warned about thinking.\n\nSent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Planetside 2 : TheDarkRAM\n........There is no spoon.

Return to “Planetside 2”