RecruitmentBANS - Appeal a ban decision here

Join the Jesters Today!
Forum rules
Topics in this section are deleted automatically after 31 days.
powerpuffters
Over Opinionated
Over Opinionated
Planetside 2 Character Name: Powerpuffters

BANS - Appeal a ban decision here

Postby powerpuffters » December 13th, 2013, 7:52 pm

If you have been banned from the Jesters Game Servers, Forums, Teamspeak or Steam Group, feel free to make a Ban Appeal Application, following the criteria set down below. All Jesters, Friends of Jesters and Alt accounts can make an appeal. \n\nForum Name/ Teamspeak Name of Banned Person: \n\nCircumstances surrounding the ban:\n\nArguments supporting the appeal:\n\nAnymore information relative to the appeal:\n\n+ Make your appeal in this thread\n+ A Master of Revels will review your appeal.\n+ Try to keep your argument clear. You may want to consider using a bullet-point format.\n+ If your appeal is denied, you will not be able to appeal again
Battlenet: powerpuffter#21980\nSteam: powerpuffters\nOrigin: JEST-Powerpufter
Headfirstdiver
Social
Social
Planetside 2 Character Name: Headf1rstdiver

Re: BAN APPEAL THREAD

Postby Headfirstdiver » December 20th, 2013, 9:54 am

Just a quick question:\n\n- The last point has it about not being able to appeal again. Is this for the one person only or for the rest of your Jesters career?
\n\nWhatever man, I'll dive head first in your little fight!
powerpuffters
Over Opinionated
Over Opinionated

Postby powerpuffters » December 20th, 2013, 10:54 am

Just one appeal for the banned person- not the person appealing the ban
fredwilly92

Postby fredwilly92 » December 21st, 2013, 10:13 pm

i have banned Can i come back in my ts name is derf92 or hanyolo or williams i am sorry i have to change my name alot. So its one of them
LuckyNoS7evin
Admin
Admin
Planetside 2 Character Name: MeS7evin

Postby LuckyNoS7evin » December 21st, 2013, 11:30 pm

powerpuffters
Over Opinionated
Over Opinionated

Postby powerpuffters » December 22nd, 2013, 1:11 pm

Alt-Account
Antisocial
Antisocial

Postby Alt-Account » June 3rd, 2014, 11:36 pm

This may be a lengthy read so please go straight to the bottom if time is short on your hands.\n\nForum Name/ Teamspeak Name of Banned Person: Yingyz\n\nCircumstances surrounding the ban: This is concerning my recent permanent ban because of "immaturity, inability to follow orders, poor teamspeak etiquette and giving out completely wrong and inappropriate advise to other players within planetside 2."- Powerpuffters\n\nArguments supporting the appeal: Before the main bulk of writing, let me give you a bit of history of how I started my adventure in the Jesters. I was once a rather inexperianced BR 1 when I first installed the game, played to BR 4/5 and then read about the who new ideas of outfits in PS2. Instinctively I searched about the different outfits on the servers (this was when I played on Ceres) and upon finding a better server (Cobalt) I decided to change servers so that I can create a new account and start afresh as I found out most outfits tend to be on a normal not a beginner server.\n\nThen I applied to join the Jesters when I popped on the Teamspeak 3 channel one day and asked about applying, everyone was very nice to me and I felt comfortable in my new-found outfit. At the start I asked a lot of questions, some of them were very stupid and not well thought through (eg: how do you use the tomcats?) but others when I asked about them were fairly normal (eg: what are some more advanced tips for flying the reaver in air-air?). Perhaps some became annoyed or simply tired of me asking stupid questions, I was told to stop and gradually I stopped.\n\nBut for the reasons that I was banned, one of which was immaturity, as a 16 year old it is completely understandable that some people may tend to think that we are immature. It is a know fact, people do stereotype, but I was pleasantly surprised at how the Jesters as a whole treated me. However to be described as immature, would be an exaggeration at best. I may have had my moments where I spoke too loud or left PPT off, but I am gradually learning. I do apologize to anyone who felt that I was obstructing the communication purposefully, but I do hope in the future I will be able to improve myself in terms of teamspeak etiquette. \n\nSometimes I understand I was not following orders, those were honest mistakes that I made, when a PL told the platoon to go somewhere I did my best to do what they said. Those times where I wondered off I tried my best to leave the platoon and say in teamspeak chat that I will rejoin later. But this was all in my early BR's, under BR 15-20. I hope I will be given the chance to redeem myself, but I feel that these punishments are too harsh.\n\nLastly, the giving out of inappropriate and wrong advice to people. Everyone makes mistakes, please do not take this against me but the advice that I gave to people, were often my experiences, although many of the Jesters are above me in terms of BR. Using this as a guide to judge experience is exactly like using age to judge wisdom. It is often though that a higher BR means more wisdom, but does that render my advice is wrong or inappropriate?\nMy BR is not high, neither is my K/D ratio, but I have been told that PS2 is not about kills, or BR. But I will strive to improve my K/D as my experience of the game increases and hope that those same people who welcomed me will still support me.\nI would like to thank everyone whom I have had the pleasure to play with, to talk with and have enjoyed being in the community. Many of you Jesters have made my stay here a unforgettable one, as I am writing this, it brings a tear to my eye but it feels as I am parting ways with your family that you have grown to know for so long, like a bird leaving it’s nest for the one final time.\nFor those who do not have time, the tl:dr version is below. But please take your time and read the whole piece as it would give you a better understanding of the situation.\n\n\nTL:DR\n• My name is Yingyz and I have been permanently banned from the Jesters because of immaturity, inability to follow orders, poor teamspeak etiquette and giving out completely wrong and inappropriate advise to other players within planetside 2.\n• A lot of people are annoyed at me for different reasons which have been mentioned before, but I ask for another chance to redeem myself, as the punishment is very severe.\n• I hope whoever reads this will make the right judgement and it was a great experience with the Jesters.\n\nThank you for reading and best regards, Yingyz.
Kheebab
Over Opinionated
Over Opinionated

Postby Kheebab » June 4th, 2014, 12:20 am

Primux
Too much to say
Too much to say
Planetside 2 Character Name: Primux

Postby Primux » June 4th, 2014, 1:10 am

Seems a little excessive in my opinion. I understand TS disruption is annoying for PL but do we not normally do a 1 day or 1 week TS ban for this rather than a instant permaban ?\n\nThe other reasons for the ban seem irrelevant.\n\nOn a side note I changed the PS Platoon channels to be PTT only due to constant disruption which would cut back on a lot of issues arise from this, however someone decided to change Platoon 2 back to normal. This cahnge could only have been from a member of leadership and would be nice to know who decided to change it back.
MagicMushroom
Too much to say
Too much to say

Postby MagicMushroom » June 4th, 2014, 1:20 am

Though Kheebab's response and reasoning was needed on Puffters to hear more of an explanation as to what happened this still IMO doesn't justify a permaban. If no admin kick/temp ban was used first to stress your reasoning for teamspeak discipline then it's to harsh.\n\n\n\nPlease see my response to the original thread below:\n\nFrom the information on this thread only - I don't fully support the ban.\n\nNow i wasn't there and i don't like to disagree with Puffters however the reasons stated aren't enough to fully justify PERMAban. What happen to one week bans as a warning? It's one thing to say shut up and another to do an official ban for a few days or a week for someone to get the message.\n\nReasons i disagree with:\n\nForum posts - We have members in leadership who have hardly any posts but have been in the jesters longer.\n\nK/D Ratio - Is this really important for our outfit? I didn't think we were elitist but only when fielding a competition team.\n\nRank - Same reason as K/D ratio.\n\n\n\nReasons for ban:\n\nTeam Speak discipline - Is this alone the only reason for permaban? Was there any action apart from this ban as warning? e.g. kick/temp ban?\n\nAdditional - has this member ever been banned before/ warned via kick or any other admin powers? IMO it's one thing to tell someone to stop and another to take powers upon them as a slap in the face.\n\n\nAlso what happened to consulting other MOR for each ban? myself and Primux have been on all night. Was Pharax/lucky consulted?\n\nMy 2 cents.

Return to “Recruitment”